Daily Archives: September 10, 2013
Posted by hhh4u
Throughout my life, I have listened to people who told me stories about someone they know or someone they used to know. And as I listened to these stories, I was reminded that though it may not seem like it, we are all similar in that many of us go through the exact same things. We face the same struggles, the same difficulties, the same happiness, and we meet and deal with people who eerily have similar personalities to someone else. Isn’t it amazing how someone may be describing a a situation or a person, and you find yourself picturing another scenario or individual that you were reminded of, leading you to nod or smile in complete understanding? This is something that I thought about a lot when I created the characters for Kingdom of the Sun. Although each one is different and unique, I enjoyed being able to craft each character so that you (the readers) can understand them. I wanted each character to be personal in that each of you would feel, picture, and relate them to yourself or someone you know or have known. The ability for an author to do this is the key to making readers emotionally and mentally attached to a book. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I remember finishing some novels and feeling a sense of loss and melancholy that my time spent with the characters was over.
And as similar as we all may be, we are so different in many ways. Now of course this is a good thing because individuality would not exist. Yet, more importantly, if we did not have our differences, then there would be no such thing as acceptance, compassion, mercy, empathy, and more. Instead of tearing us apart, our differences, like our similarities, should bring us together and bring out the best of us.
Peace and Love,
Posted by hhh4u
I was recently given a nomination for the Versatile Blogger award by sembanks.wordpress.com.
I thank God for continuing to allow my words to touch others. Thanks to my readers as well. And thank you again, Sembanks, for the nomination!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Display the badge on your blog.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination via comment in their site.
4. State 7 interesting things about yourself.
My 15 Nominations
There were several other bloggers whose websites I did not list on the last award, so here they are:
7) Heilan Word
12) All Things Rabyd
13) Burning Brightly
14) The Professor
15) Samuel Company
7 Interesting Things About Me
1) I really don’t like text messaging. I think it makes people less personal, and I also believe that it negatively impacts the comfort and skill of one’s verbal communication.
2) Red is my favorite color.
3) I love animals and nature, but I hate studying science.
4) I am painfully horrible at math.
5) I usually drink 3-5 cups of tea a day.
6) If I had no self-control, I could eat an entire bag of spicy Doritos in one sitting.
7) For some reason, I am a very, very grumpy sleeper—at least that’s what my husband says.
Thanks again, everyone.
Peace and Love,